January 31, 2011

Pregnancy #3: 37 Weeks 5 Days

It's been a LONG time since I've updated on this pregnancy, but the last few months have flown by so quickly!


Pregnancy Highlights for the Week:

How Far Along: Almost 38 weeks! So crazy!

Fruit/Veggie: Length of a Leek (more than 19.5 inches, nearly 7 lbs)

Baby changes: Baby has really plumped up. Baby weighs about 6.8 pounds and is over 19 1/2 inches long. Baby has a firm grasp, which you'll soon be able to test when you hold baby's hand for the first time! Baby's organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb.
Best Moment this week: Going to our childbirth class with my friend, Rachel.  She's a Bradley instructor.  We've been reading a book and haven't attended the entire series of classes that she teaches, but she taught a "refresher" course for several couples who had experienced Bradley births before and she allowed us to join in.  It was so helpful and encouraging.  I feel more confident than I did just a few days ago.  I have now 100% committed to attempting this birth pain med free, though I do love me my epidurals!  But, considering my history, I know that this will be the best way to labor naturally for my body and not on my back to help get this baby out quickly!  

Gender: Still feeling BOY and I am locked in now.  The only thing that I can recall that is similar this pregnancy compared to my other two is that this baby has been all up in my ribs.  Asher was the same way, where I had no complaints with McKlayne.  (So maybe that one little similarity is swaying my vote?  I know, I know...all pregnancies are different...we shall see in just a couple short weeks!)  Charlie is voting girl.  I'd love for it to be a girl, though, too, so McKlayne can experience that sweet bond of having a sister so close!!  Either way, I will be pleased!!

Movement: Tons!  So thankful that this baby has finally dropped and it's booty is out of my ribs!

Food Cravings: Grapefruit and homemade (or Blue Baker) chocolate chip cookies...can't get enough of them!

Sleep: Loving it for now!

What I am looking forward to: finding out what this gender is!

Symptoms: Feet are swelling.  Remember? Michelin Man!  I've been experiencing lots of lower crampiness and lower backpain, though, I know this could go on for days.

3 comments:

J said...

You look so cute!! :)

Kyle said...

Maybe you will have him(or her) on Feb 5th. Larra IS right, your babies always share a day with someone. But that would be really soon!!!

The Currie Family said...

You are ALL BELLY!! (This might be a surprise to you considering all the comments you get) you look fabulous!